Request for Proposals 2018
The fourth annual Santa Cruz Gives holiday giving campaign is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for 2018 now through Monday, September 3. To apply, simply click on the APPLICATION button at the top of the home page to go to SantaCruzGives.org/rfp.
Acceptance notifications will be sent September 26-28.
Last year’s awesome sponsors will join Gives again! That includes Santa Cruz County Bank, Wynn Capital Management, and Oswald. We are also seeking additional partners.
The criteria used by the Gives committee when considering applications is listed below. We aim to:
- cover as many of the various types of community needs as possible (youth, seniors, food and nutrition, animals, education, the enivronment, arts and culture, families, disabled, housing and homelessness, health and wellness.)
- represent diverse projects within those categories (avoid selecting similar projects)
- benefit the county’s various geographical communities
- present donors with the work of small, medium and large organizations
- present a clear and specific project
- present a project and organization with a compelling appeal
- choose groups that demonstrate potential for significant reach via social media
- select some organizations that were not selected in the previous year
- select organizations that were popular with donors in previous years The third campaign in 2017 saw an increase across every metric over 2016, and we plan to aim even higher in 2018. Join us as an applicant, a donor, or a partner!
Deadline for proposals: Monday, September 3
Selections will be announced: September 26-28