Request for Proposals 2019
Approximately 30 organizations will be selected for the fifth annual Santa Cruz Gives holiday giving campaign, and applications are now being accepted. The application deadline is Monday, September 2, 2019.
The total number of nonprofits included will be increased in future years, as the program grows and more funds are raised. We limit it to provide potential for each group to raise sufficient funds for the staff time spent on the campaign. The rejection of an application does not imply that an organization did not meet the criteria for acceptance.
To apply, click on the button at the top of the home page: 2019 APPLICATION.
Acceptance notifications will be announced September 25-27.
The criteria that the Santa Cruz Gives committee considers follows. SC Gives aims to:
- cover as many of the various types of community needs as possible (youth, seniors, food and nutrition, animals, education, the enivronment, arts and culture, families, disabled, housing and homelessness, health and wellness.)
- represent diverse projects within those categories (avoid selecting similar projects)
- benefit the county’s various geographical communities
- present donors with the work of small, medium and large organizations
- present a clear and specific project
- present a project and organization with a compelling appeal
- choose groups that demonstrate potential for significant reach via social media
- select some organizations that were not selected in the previous year
- select organizations that were popular with donors in previous years . The fourth campaign in 2019 saw an increase across every metric over the previous year, and we plan to aim even higher in 2019. Join us as an applicant, a donor, or a partner!
Deadline for proposals: Monday, September 2, 2019
Selections will be announced: September 25-27, 2019